Volunteer with us!
St. Ambrose Academy is again supplying volunteers to be the exclusive runners of food and beverages in the Varsity Club suites for UW home football games. Stadium concessions are largely staffed by non-profit groups, and the UW athletics program makes a donation to our school based on the number of volunteers provided each week.
This volunteer opportunity began just three years ago, and we’ve already seen the donation potential grow to almost $10,000-$15,000 or more per season when we are fully staffed (which is about 20 volunteers per home game). The new revenue has not only provided a helpful boost to our general fund, helping students receive a St. Ambrose education, but more recently we decided to direct some of the proceeds to support our own athletics program.
Everyone enjoys the time spent volunteering and serving good-natured spectators in the temperature-controlled suites. One volunteer commented about the Camp Randall experience:
It’s such a neat experience in the club suites! Something that many of us wouldn’t get otherwise. You can keep tabs with how the game develops and catch several plays while we serve, and the atmosphere is alive with fun and excitement. But for me, the fellowship with fans and workers alike is the best part.
For current families, these volunteer hours count towards the annual service hour requirement, but we can also recruit our mission friends and neighbors to join the fun and help, too! And we can all take satisfaction in knowing that maximizing this opportunity each year ends up strengthening our mission impact as the only Catholic classical school in south central WI! We’ve had a good response in filling weekly positions, but with busy fall schedules and typical conflicts, additional helpers are always greatly appreciated!
If you’d like to get involved, THANK YOU! Go Badgers! Go Guardians!
- The UW requires volunteers to be 16 or older.
- Deliver food and beverages to about 300 spectators from shortly before game start until the end of the 3rd quarter in the comfort of a temperature-controlled suite. Must be able to stand, walk, and navigate a few stairs for a period of several hours at a time.
- We do not set up or clean up a concessions stand as is typical inside the stadium. We do not enter orders, handle payments, or prepare food or drinks. We were told when we started: “It’s the best concessions job in the entire stadium!”
- Arrive to Camp Randall 3 1/2 hours before game time and depart shortly after the 4th quarter starts. (Though you can stay and watch the 4th quarter if you like.)
- Receive a free meal from the concessions stand after our shift is ended, and water/soda throughout the game.
Please contact Development Director, Joseph Draves, with any questions:
Or, CLICK HERE to sign-up.
Remaining 2022 home games needing volunteers:
- Oct 1 vs. Illinois | Report time 7:00 a.m.; game time 11:00 a.m.
- Oct 22 vs. Purdue | Report time 11:00 a.m.; game time 2:30p.m.
- Nov 5 vs. Maryland | Report 3.5 hours before Kickoff time; TBA
- Nov 26 vs. Minnesota | Report 3.5 hours before Kickoff time; TBA