Ways to Give
“In my estimation, St. Ambrose’s success lies not only in its Christ-centered focus but also its commitment to challenging young men and women to clear, critical thinking. Knowing the Truth, the person of Jesus Christ, they are equipped to share it with everyone around them without being daunted by the tangled thinking of Modernism.”– Bishop Donald J. Hying, Fifth Bishop of Madison
There are a number of ways that you can strengthen this powerful mission which contributes in no small way to the restoration of a truly Christian civilization. By providing children a complete human formation, we help equip virtuous leaders who in turn create a stable and fulfilling society for all. Thank you for helping in as many ways as possible to help Christ elevate lives!
The St. Ambrose Academy Annual Fund represents the gap between our tuition revenue and our budgetary needs; nearly 40% of our budget. When you factor in our competitive tuition rates (vs. national private school averages) and generous tuition assistance — all to make St. Ambrose a choice for families regardless of ability to pay — this gap is significant.
It takes a generous community to raise up a new generation of smart young people, equipped to serve and improve our community, and to do so with the mind and heart of Christ.
Gifts to the annual fund directly support students and have a priceless impact. You can donate
- Online: with options for one-time, monthly or multi-year (“annually”) support;
- Mail: send your gift to: St. Ambrose Academy, 3 Point Place Ste 150, Madison, WI 53719
Gifts of Stock
Appreciated stock can be an ideal way for donors to maximize donation impact by minimizing taxes (potentially in two ways).
If you’re ready to make a gift of DTC eligible Bonds/Stocks/ETFs to St. Ambrose, please provide your administrator company our Brokerage Account Information to schedule your donation transfer:
Account Name: St. Ambrose Academy
Account Number: 17-32982 (Northern Trust)
DTC Number: Northern Trust #2669
Receiving Brokerage: State Bank of Cross Plains Trust Dept. | (608) 826-3504
St. Ambrose Academy is not just a small, college-preparatory school. It is a community project, drawing school families, volunteers, and benefactors from all over the greater Madison area – from Poynette to Monroe, Sun Prairie to Sauk City. Our Business Sponsorship Program offers companies the opportunity to reach a prime audience over a large geographic area through program ads, t-shirts, banners, social media, large event audiences, and more. During a year of sponsorship, companies can expect prominent and regular promotion to a diverse and influential audience of friends.
Including St. Ambrose Academy in your estate plan ensures that you maintain “stewardship control” of your hard-earned resources and can create the legacy you wish to leave, consistent with your Catholic values!
Alumni, parents, and friends of St. Ambrose Academy can make a gift in the form of a bequest, life insurance policy, charitable remainder trust, revocable trust, or an undivided interest property.
Each of these options is personal in matter, we recommend you seek the guidance of a professional financial planner or advisor, attorney, or accountant to determine the arrangements that best serve your financial needs and philanthropic goals. When designating St. Ambrose for any option, please refer to our legal business information as it appears below:
Registered Charity Name: St. Ambrose Academy, Inc.
Federal Tax ID (EIN): 75-3091931
Primary Charity Address: 3 Point Place Ste 150, Madison, WI 53719 | (608) 827-5863
Please contact Development Director Joseph Draves to start a conversation and/or request an advisor referral via email or (920) 284-4771.
Families that choose a St. Ambrose education come from many walks of life and abilities, yet all embrace the need to contribute their maximum support to this education.
As a young school with a lean alumni base, we depend on the generosity of the larger community to make sure we are strong for all families, not only by hiring the best faculty and employing the best pedagogical methods, but also by providing aid for more than half the student body with need. With an average tuition rate of just about $9,000, scholarships and general assistance is well over $300,000 annually.
Thanks to generous and growing community support, we are pleased to offer the following scholarship opportunities to help families choose St. Ambrose for their children.
In order to qualify for these scholarships, current or incoming students must qualify for tuition assistance.
A general scholarship fund is established for benefactors who have no particular desire to create a specially designated fund:
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton General Scholarship Fund: Mother Seton was an early champion of Catholic education in the United States, especially for those who could not pay.
Designated scholarships have also been established through the generosity of individual benefactors.
New scholarship donors may choose to support the General Fund, bolster one of these active funds, or create a newly designated fund to honor a loved one’s memory, a family legacy, or a favorite saint.
- Alumni Scholarship Fund: Responding to ongoing family need and in gratitude for their years at St. Ambrose Academy, alumni established the Alumni Scholarship Fund in 2014.
- Dr. Monica Bischoff Memorial Scholarship: In loving memory of his late wife Dr. Monica Bischoff, the former Assistant Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Madison, Fran Ray established this scholarship with the help of family and friends. This scholarship extends Dr. Bischoff’s legacy of promoting Catholic classical education.
- Philip and Cordelia Gillett Honorary Scholarship: Philip and Cordelia Gillett supported St. Ambrose since its founding in 2003. Philip Gillett taught at the University of Wisconsin for 40 years before he passed in 2012. This scholarship is established in warm remembrance of Philip and carries on his passion for education.
- Guadalupe Scholarship Fund: Established in December 2014, to foster the fruits of the Catholic School Advantage Program for Latino students.
- Roseanne Mills Memorial Scholarship: For Roseanne Mills, transmitting the Faith to the next generation was her chief concern. In life, she succeeded in instilling the faith in her children. Roseanne’s husband, Rick Mills, established this memorial scholarship to honor Roseanne’s memory and help other families sacrificing to provide a Catholic education for their children.
- St. Joseph Scholarship: Anonymous benefactors established this scholarship in honor of St. Joseph, patron of the Church, to ensure the constant renewal of the local Church through the sincere formation of young men and women.
Please prayerfully consider sponsoring a student and his/her hard-working family with a renewable scholarship! (Half-scholarship = $4,450.00 / Full = $8,900.00.) Please know contributions of any amount strengthen our mission.
Your support will not only prepare this student to aim high and excel in life’s opportunities and challenges, but very importantly, instill the vision to let Christ work powerfully in and through him so that His Kingdom principles and blessings may reign evermore.
We are eager to assist you in setting up scholarship support for our hope-filled and gracious students – and even coordinate a meeting or regular communications with your beneficiary.** Please contact our Development team today!
** It is not uncommon for our scholarship donors to forge a lifetime friendship with their beneficiary student(s), as though they ‘adopted’ another cherished family member! This has been an edifying thrill for several of our generous scholarship donors.
If your employer will match a charitable gift, this is an excellent way for St. Ambrose Academy supporters to make an even greater impact with your contributions. Contact Joseph Draves if you need information to complete your employer’s form or to confirm your charitable giving.
Annual Benefit Dinner
Since 2006, St. Ambrose has hosted one of the largest annual gala events in the Madison area with over 500 guests regularly in attendance. This fun event brings together a large community of friends, benefactors, and families to celebrate the growth and success of this mission. Funds raised at this event support the tuition assistance program that benefits >50% of students, making it possible for them to benefit from this powerful Catholic classical formation.
Companies and individuals donate items and experiences to contribute to a silent auction that raises additional support for tuition assistance.
If you have questions or would like to sponsor the event or donate an auction item, you’re invited to contact Director of Advancement Carolyn Averill!